About This Product
Skin struggles in cold weather more than in other climate conditions. Your skin loses over 25% of its ability to hold moisture in cold weather, causing your skin to feel dry and look ashy or flaky. If it's windy, that will make the moisture from your skin escape even faster. Cold winter is a moisture thief, but there is more.
Chilly temperatures force the skin’s blood vessels to constantly change, expanding and constricting to manage the trade-off between driving warm blood to the organs and keeping the skin supplied. Some blood vessels stretch out beyond their usual capability. This is known as broken capillaries and happens when suddenly going from cold to overheated rooms and vice versa. Traditional moisturizers are not specifically formulated to perform in this environment, but Climate-Smart® Polar Day Cream is.THE SOLUTION
Pour Moi’s Climate-Smart® shield technology in Polar Day Cream is customized to counteract extrinsic skin aging in cold winter climate conditions. It solves the problem of a dry, flakey complexion with an anti-aging lightweight shield that forms on the skin’s surface with no build-up. It is scientifically designed to effectively replenish and seal in moisture utilizing a superior blend of premium shea butter, lecithin, and plant-based Squalane, while a unique combination of hydration actives (humectants) preserves all-day hydration.
To support the skin’s natural defense system against photoaging from the winter sun, Polar Day Cream delivers a high-performing A/C/E vitamin complex and anti-oxidants, promoting skin repair and rejuvenation protected by the Climate-Smart® shield.THE ROTATING CLIMATE-SMART® DAY CREAMS
Winner of TIME 2020 Best Invention of the Year in skincare, Pour Moi abandoned the traditional approach of the same moisturizer every day in all locations. Instead, it provides a range of different Climate-Smart® Day Creams that are scientifically designed to work in specific weather conditions and in synergy together to maximize anti-aging and skin hydration results. For a youthful, flawless complexion, dress your skin daily like you dress yourself, depending on your local weather.OUR CREAM-FINDER AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Not sure what the weather is like today? Just scan the QR code with your smartphone on the top of the cap, and it opens a browser link (just like a restaurant's menu). The link instantly brings you to our Cream-Finder. Just click the activation button, and it shows your local elevation, the weather, and which Day Cream to use. It gives you the confidence always to use the right Climate-Smart® Day Cream in your location.PROVEN-TO-WORK
An independent, third-party study conducted in New Jersey during February, going into early March, reported that all participants (30) found that their skin hydration, smoothness, and overall youthful appearance were 100% improved!
ABOUT UV LIGHT ON A COLD WINTER DAY
Because SPF ingredients' efficacy expires after 90 minutes, Pour Moi keeps SPF out of its high-performing Climate-Smart® Day Creams. We highly recommend SPF as its own sun protection step to apply and reapply when outdoors.
It is false to believe that the winter sun’s rays aren’t powerful enough to cause skin damage. Even with the lowest UV index of all seasons (the scale used to measure the sun’s ultraviolet rays), the sun is still powerful enough to damage your skin in the winter. While the Polar Day Cream is SPF-free, our innovative moisturizer is additionally enriched with antioxidants that are studied to fight photoaging and damage caused by UV light.SUNLIGHT DROPS AGAINST VITAMIN-D SKIN DEFICIENCY
It’s common knowledge that during winter, we have a reduced ability to make vitamin D when we go outside. That’s when most of us supplement with a gummy, capsule, or some drops. While it is great for our bodies, it is not for our skin. Studies have confirmed that the epidermis won't benefit from a vitamin D supplement, yet it needs vitamin D for essential repair functions. Pour Moi applies a new approach to this problem. Our Sunlight Drops deliver a clinically proven "vitamin D-like boost" that stimulates skin's repair functions similar to natural vitamin D but without the sun.
To add this weather-proof functionality to your Polar Day Cream's performance, mix one to three doses of Sunlight Drops into your Polar Day Cream or apply directly onto your skin.
- Effectively hydrates and plumps your skin in local weather that is cool and humid
- Defends your facefrom extrinsic aging caused by marine climate conditions
- Rebalances skin's natural moisture balancein damp weather.
- Prevents broken capillaries when transitioning from outdoor to indoor or vice versa
- Helps clear up breakouts and uneven skin tone originating from external stressors such as light, winds, cold temperatures, indoor heating, and others.
- Climate-Smart® Geo-HydraD/Polar complex blends white truffle extract from the Rhône-Alpes Region + 3 types of hyaluronic acid, customized for all-day hydration in the winter where indoor heating further accelerates skin-dehydration.
- Moisture-boosting lecithin + glycerin lock in hydration when cold, arid air saps skin of moisture.
- Winter-defying shea butter + squalane replenish natural oils for a youthful, cold-weather resilient complexion.
- Soothing avena sativa kernel extract + butylene glycol form a biomimetic silky film to protect, calm, and soothe skin from chilling winds and smooth transitions between freezing outdoors and overheating indoors.
- Encapsulated vitamins A, C, E + anti-aging peptides boost the skin’s natural defense and repair system.
- Protective plant-derived bio-actives rich in antioxidant activity, specifically selected to support healthy skin functions in the winter.
How To Apply
Select and apply the Climate Smart® DAY CREAM.
Scan the QR code on the cap and it will forecast your weather and corresponding Day Cream.
Apply one pump of the selected Day Cream and smooth into skin.