Mountain Day Cream
About This Product
Above 2,000 ft, your skin suffers more water loss and can’t hold on to hydration for long. It gets worse as elevation goes up. That’s because of the low air pressure, which spreads the water molecules in the air. It’s commonly known as “thin air,” creating the most difficult climatic conditions for your skin to stay youthful and healthy. Traditional moisturizers are not specifically formulated to perform in this environment, but Climate-Smart® Mountain Day Cream is.
Pour Moi’s Climate-Smart® shield technology in Mountain Day Cream is customized to counteract extrinsic skin aging in the mountains and high deserts. It solves the problem of weathered, dry skin in high altitudes with an anti-aging lightweight shield that forms just below the skin’s surface with no build-up. It effectively keeps the thin air from depleting moisture, while Swiss and Japanese anti-oxidants, studied in the mountains for real results, can clear out free radicals to reverse and prevent signs of aging.
To ensure all-day hydration, Mountain Day Cream delivers French marine- and melon-water actives into the skin, building a water reservoir within the skin layers protected by the Climate-Smart® shield.THE ROTATING CLIMATE-SMART® DAY CREAMS
Winner of TIME 2020 Best Invention of the Year in skincare, Pour Moi abandoned the traditional approach of the same moisturizer every day in all locations. Instead, it provides a range of different Climate-Smart® Day Creams, scientifically designed to work in specific weather conditions and in synergy together, to maximize anti-aging and skin hydration results. For a youthful, flawless complexion, dress your skin daily like you dress yourself, depending on your local weather.OUR CREAM-FINDER AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Not sure if you're above 2,000 ft and in an alpine climate? Just scan the QR code with your smartphone on the top of the cap, and it opens a browser link (just like a restaurant's menu). The link instantly brings you to our Cream-Finder. Just click the activation button, and it shows your local elevation, the weather, and which Day Cream to use. It gives you the confidence always to use the right Climate-Smart® Day Cream in your location.PROVEN-TO-WORK
An independent, third-party study conducted in high-altitude locations in Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona, reported that all participants (30) found that their skin hydration, smoothness, and overall youthful appearance were 100% improved!
ABOUT UV LIGHT AT HIGH ALTITUDE
Because SPF ingredients' efficacy expires after 90 minutes, Pour Moi keeps SPF out of its high-performing Climate-Smart® Day Creams. We highly recommend SPF as its own sun protection step to apply and re-apply when skin is exposed directly to sunlight.
UV light is stronger at higher altitudes. Its intensity goes up about 20% for every 1,000 ft in elevation, exposing your skin to more photoaging and damage. While the Mountain Day Cream is SPF-free, our innovative moisturizer is rich in bio-active ingredients that are studied specifically in the alpine climate to fight photoaging and damage caused by UV light.
- Effectively hydrates and plumps your skin in alpine climatic conditions Defends skin surface from extrinsic aging caused by high altitude environments
- Adequately moisturizes the skin in the mountain and the high desert
- Helps clear up breakouts and uneven skin tone originating from external stressors such as light, dry air, winds, heat, and others. Softens rough skin texture from being surrounded by arid (thin, dry) air.
- Climate-Smart® Geo-HydraD/Mountain complex blends white truffle extract from the Rhône-Alpes Region + 3 types of hyaluronic acid customized for all-day hydration in the most arid environments.
- Potent novel French water active, derived from nourishing plant-water + mineral-rich ocean spring water, builds a long-lasting water reservoir within the skin.
- Mega-moisture bioactive binds hydration to the skin like a magnet that lasts up to 72-hours.
- Clinically-proven red snow algae active adapts skin to locations above 2,000 feet with more aggressive UV rays (FYI: UV increases about 2% for every 1,000-foot increase in elevation due to thinner mountain air).
- Antioxidant rich Japanese rice bran oil + salicornia oil brighten and safely diminish the appearance of dark spots while boosting skin-moisturization.
- Soothing vine flower cell extract + lychee extract calm skin and reduce redness and irritation.
- Encapsulated vitamins A, C, E + anti-aging peptides boost the skin’s natural defense and repair system.