The two most important things to do for your skin before bed? Take off your makeup and smooth on Pour Moi Night Cream. Whether you’re snoozing in Palm Desert or Palm Beach (or anywhere in between), Pour Moi Night Cream will keep your skin healthy and nourished. It’s packed with a special blend of biomimetic skin-hydrating and anti-aging ingredients that address the universal skin conditions that pop up in the evening—and complement the climate smart ingredients in your Pour Moi Day Cream.
What’s Happens to Your Skin While You SleepThere’s a reason that shut-eye is referred to as beauty sleep. While you’re catching zzz’s, your night-owl skin cells are busy turning over to repair and rejuvenate your skin, in an effort to prevent wrinkles and dark spots. So night is the perfect time to load your skin with anti-aging ingredients that help along the process. (Also, some heavy-hitting anti-agers, like retinol, are sensitive to sunlight, which can lead to irritation, so it’s better to apply them at night.) The other reason you need a night cream: Skin tends to be drier in the evening. Research published in the International Journal of Molecular Sciences shows that sebum (oil) levels dip at night, while a study that appeared in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology found that water evaporation—a process called transepidermal water loss (TEWL)—is highest at night. That’s why to combat dryness, you need to apply a super-hydrating moisturizer like Night Cream before hitting the sack.
Why Pour Moi Night Cream is the Best PM MoisturizerPour Moi Night Cream combines anti-aging ingredients and emollients (for hydration) in a creamy, supple formula that feels luxurious (not heavy or greasy) on the skin. Here are the key ingredients that work the night shift—and how they benefit your skin.
- Retinol: This vitamin A derivative prompts skin to shed dead skin cells to reveal new ones hiding underneath. What’s more, it stimulates collagen production to plump and tighten the skin, and keeps pigmentation under control, preventing dark spots. As we mentioned before, it doesn’t like sunlight (which is why it’s best when it’s microencapsulated, like it is in Pour Moi Day Creams), making it an ideal ingredient for night cream.
- Vitamin C: This antioxidant protects against UV damage and stimulates collagen production. A study that appeared in the journal Nutrients shows that while Vitamin C is essential for skin health and vitality, it sometimes has trouble penetrating deep within the skin—and that encapsulation helps skin soak up the ingredient. (Encapsulation means that ingredients are wrapped up in a small amount of coating to promote stability). All ingredients in Pour Moi Skincare products are encapsulated in plant extracts or naturally occurring proteins, ensuring ingredients get where they need to go for maximal efficiency.
- Myrtle Extract: Myrtle is a plant native to southern Europe, North Africa and west Asia that prevents signs of aging and is known for its antimicrobial and antioxidant properties, shows a study that appeared in the journal Microbiological Research.
- Seaweed Extract: This sea plant has antioxidant and skin-soothing superpowers, and helps create a firm, even complexion. And it works fast: By boosting microcirculation, it can reduce the appearance of dark spots overnight.
- Shea butter: Rich in essential fatty acids, it nourishes, hydrates and heals skin. Plus, a study published in the International Journal of Molecular Sciences shows that is has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Squalane: Depending on the season, you probably have either the heat or the air conditioning cranking at night—and these artificial indoor environments can parch skin. Squalane, a fat derived from plant sources like olives and sugarcane, is a potent hydrator that helps skin adjust to temperature fluctuations and find its moisture balance.